3/12/22: An update to our masking policies: With the end of LA County’s & LA City’s mask mandate for indoor activities taking place in youth environments, we have made some changes to our masking policies for children as of March 12th. Please CLICK HERE for our COVID- and facility-related policies for all sites.
PLAY music returned to Silverlake Conservatory of Music in fall of ’21. It has been great to be back at our partner school, and we have expanded the schedule for fall ’22. We ask you to please read our COVID- and facility-related policies carefully before enrolling. We hope to see you @ SCM soon. 🎶
Fall ’22 PLAY music @ Silverlake Conservatory of Music
|Additional sibling, 6 months and over (as of 9/28/22)||$245|
|Siblings under 6 months (as of 9/28/22) |
*must be listed upon enrollment
- 10-week fall session enrollment @ SCM includes your 10 weekly classes, web materials access for the term of the class & downloadable tracks for PLAY music purple session ’22. Dates & times are here.
- The 3-class Fall SHORT @ SCM runs Sept 7 – Sept 23, prior to the 10-week session. Shorts feature favorites from our entire curriculum, and enrollment includes a streamable playlist. (Cost: one child, $87; siblings 6 months+, $74; siblings under 6 months, free)
- The class takes place in SCM’s very spacious Burkle Hall, which has high ceilings and a 2020 upgraded air filtration system.
- The maximum enrollment for each music class at SCM is currently 8 families. We may increase this number slightly if conditions permit.
- Infant siblings under 6 months are not included in the enrollment count; however, we ask that you list your child’s infant sibling upon enrollment if you intend to bring them along.
- *Each family will be asked to bring their own instrument bag to every class at SCM. This bag may be assembled from items you have at home or purchased from PLAY upon registration. It should include: 4 egg shakers, 4 rhythm sticks, and 2 scarves (plus additional shakers, sticks & a scarf if a sibling is registered). The cost of instrument bags purchased from PLAY is $29+tax, and they will be distributed at the first class. Families will be responsible for cleaning & maintaining their own instruments. Any additional props or instruments that we use in class will be passed out & collected by the teacher as needed, and cleaned after every use.
- All fees and applied class credits are non-refundable. In the event that we have to suspend classes due to COVID-19, families will be offered the option to join a virtual class or to take a non-refundable class credit for the remaining classes.
- We are unfortunately not able to offer make-up classes for absences at this time.
- Please read our COVID- and facility-related policies carefully before enrolling.
PLAY music classes include songs, chants, musical stories, and small and large movement activities. We use a variety of musical instruments and props, and encourage free exploration. No musical skills are necessary—but if you’re a grown-up, expect to sing, move, dance, and play along. Your children will participate at their own levels and in their own styles, but your engagement in class is vital to their experience. For more detailed information about PLAY music, visit the PLAY music membership page and About PLAY music.
PLAY music is a mixed-age music and movement program for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, and our current age range is 6 months to 5 years.
If you would like to book a private PLAY music class for your group, at one of our locations or at your home, please email us.