PLAY music returned to Silverlake Conservatory of Music in fall of ’21, and it has been great to be back at our partner school. We ask you to please read our COVID- and facility-related policies carefully before enrolling (updated 11/18/22). We hope to see you @ SCM soon. 🎶
Winter ’23 PLAY music @ Silverlake Conservatory of Music
mixed-age, babies through preschool
|Additional sibling, 6 months and over (as of 1/10/23)||$250|
|Siblings under 6 months (as of 1/10/23) |
*must be listed upon enrollment
- 10-week winter session enrollment @ SCM includes your 10 weekly classes, web materials access for the term of the class & downloadable tracks for PLAY music pink session ’23. Dates & times are here.
- The class takes place in SCM’s very spacious Burkle Hall, which has high ceilings and a 2020 upgraded air filtration system.
- The maximum enrollment for each music class at SCM is currently 9 families. Updated: 11/19/22
- Infant siblings under 6 months are not included in the enrollment count; however, we ask that you list your child’s infant sibling upon enrollment if you intend to bring them along.
- *Each family will be asked to bring their own instrument bag to every class at SCM. This bag may be assembled from items you have at home or purchased from PLAY upon registration. It should include: 4 egg shakers and 2 scarves (plus additional shakers and a scarf if a sibling is registered). The cost of instrument bags purchased from PLAY is $22+tax, and they will be distributed at the first class. Families will be responsible for cleaning & maintaining their own instruments. Any additional props or instruments that we use in class will be passed out & collected by the teacher as needed, and cleaned after every use.
- All fees and applied class credits are non-refundable. In the event that we have to suspend classes due to COVID-19, families will be offered the option to join a virtual class or to take a non-refundable class credit for the remaining classes.
- Availability for make-up classes for absences is extremely limited, and make-up classes are not guaranteed.
- Please read our COVID- and facility-related policies carefully before enrolling.
PLAY music classes include songs, chants, musical stories, and small and large movement activities. We use a variety of musical instruments and props, and encourage free exploration. No musical skills are necessary—but if you’re a grown-up, expect to sing, move, dance, and play along. Your children will participate at their own levels and in their own styles, but your engagement in class is vital to their experience. For more detailed information about PLAY music, visit the PLAY music membership page and About PLAY music.
PLAY music is a mixed-age music and movement program for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, and our current age range is 6 months to 5 years.
If you would like to book a private PLAY music class for your group, at SCM or at your home, please email us.