Our policies for all indoor spaces are below (updated 8/2/22).
Policies & what to expect:
- Visual wellness checks at the door continue. Your self wellness check at home is very important, and PLAY families have been doing these faithfully since we resumed classes in 2021, which has kept us all safe. That said, if anyone in your party is showing outward signs of illness, you will not be permitted on the premises.
- All adults participants in PLAY activities are still required to provide proof of full vaccination. Unless it is mandated again through the city/county, masking will be optional but is highly recommended. Adults with medical exemptions may request to instead submit a negative test within 24 hours of each class.
- Masking for children 2 years and up has been optional since March 12th, 2022, when LA County’s universal indoor mask mandate for youth settings ended. Please note: Los Angeles County still strongly recommends masking for people 2 years and up in school and childcare settings (8/1/22, LA County Public Health). As always, masking is not recommended for children under 2.
- All participants will need to sign a liability release form for themselves and their attending children. (Caregivers will sign a separate form.) All paperwork must be completed before the first class day.
- There will be only ONE parent/caregiver per child allowed in class. We will make occasional exceptions to this rule for requests made 24 hours prior to class for one adult guest (with proof of vaccination). We have added this exception so that we may allow the occasional visiting grandparent or other adult extended family member.
- Your PLAY teachers are all fully vaccinated and will either be masked or wearing a face shield.
- We ask families to respect each other’s space, communicate with each other, and maintain social distancing as much as possible. For information on classroom spaces, class sizes, and handling of instruments and materials, please visit the registration page for the location you are visiting: PLAY music at Silverlake Conservatory.
Things to remember on your class day:
- Before coming to class, please do a self wellness check for any signs of illness, including: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other possibly troubling signs. If you observe any of these symptoms in yourself or your child, please stay home. As always, our main goal is for our sites to be a safe, clean, and healthy environments for children, and we can only achieve this with the help of all of our families.
- We’ll ask you to remove your shoes after you enter the space. Please come prepared with socks.
- Please do not bring any people with you other than the participants you have registered.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- There is NO FOOD allowed in the spaces at this time. Water bottles are allowed in all rooms.
- All common areas are cleaned frequently. Hand sanitizer is supplied in all rooms, and we encourage you to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water as recommended by the CDC before and after participating in activities.
- If you test positive for COVID–19 within 2-3 weeks of visiting us, please notify PLAY as soon as possible so we can take appropriate steps to notify anyone who may have been exposed.