Monthly Online Membership
The cost of the PLAY @ Home family membership is $75 per month or $140 for two months (August & September) paid in one transaction. Your monthly membership includes:
- Your weekly, 35- to 45-minute live PLAY music class; 4-5 per month, Zoom-based. (In August & September we’ll be exploring four themes, two weeks at a time, using songs and activities from across our curriculum.)
- Recorded music classes for unlimited viewing while your membership is active. (As of late July, there are fourteen of these in the materials, and we continue to add them, along with other content.)
- PLAY music web materials, including song videos, ideas for at-home play, downloadable tracks, sheet music & lyrics. (The materials for August & September will be a selection of songs and activities from our four themes.)
- At-home art making resources, including project starters, Stories & Art videos, and a comprehensive list of supplies & tips. (Physical supplies are not included.) New art content we add in August & September will expand on our music class themes.
Families with a class credit on file: When you opt-in to the PLAY @ Home membership via the online form, the fee will be deducted from your class credit on file. *All credits are non-refundable once deducted.
Families paying online to join: To join PLAY @ Home, please register and pay via the online form. *All fees are non-refundable.
TO ALL FAMILIES
- Reserving Your Online Class Time: When you join, we will ask you to choose a regular weekly time for your live class. The Zoom desktop app is free, and easy to use. If you miss your live class, there will be opportunities for you to join a different one. Just email us for a new meeting ID & password for the week. (Participation in the live classes is not required, and we know that some of you may prefer to just use the recorded classes and other web materials.)
- Siblings: All families wishing to participate with multiple siblings (pets, stuffed animals, additional adults, etc.) in one household are more than welcome to do so. Our in-person music program is mixed-age, geared for kids from around 6 months through 4 years. In the online format, we have also seen many recent PLAY music alumni who are now school kids. All are welcome.
- Recorded & live classes: With the exception of a couple of classes that were previously recorded at our space, all live and recorded classes and materials are currently being given/recorded from our homes. (Many of the song videos you will see in your materials were recorded pre-Covid.)
- Recording on Zoom: PLAY will never record your or your child’s image in Zoom without your express permission. We may, however, record the teacher of your class. In such cases, your child’s first name might be heard in the recording if mentioned by the teacher.
- Parent participation is just as (maybe more) important in the online format as it is in our in-person classes. Interacting with a screen is not ideal, but your participation with your child can easily outweigh that, and make your online class a fun, interactive time for your family. Your teacher is just facilitating (which is really always the case).
- This format is new for us, as it is for you. That said, since moving online April 1st, we have been pleasantly surprised at how much we can share together in this way. We will continue to rise to the challenges of bringing our community back together, and evolve logistics as we go to give you the best and easiest experience possible. As we all continue to adapt, we will address any issues that come up in a way that honors our longstanding relationships with you.