We ask you to please read our facility-related policies carefully before enrolling. We hope to see you @ SCM soon. 🎶
Fall ’23 PLAY music @ Silverlake Conservatory of Music (10-week session)
mixed-age, babies through preschool
(The 4s & 5s registration page is here.)
|10-WEEK FALL SESSION (Sept. 27-Dec. 15, skipping Oct. 11-14, and the entire week of Thanksgiving; schedule)|
|Additional sibling, 6 months and over (as of 9/27/23)||$250|
|Sibling under 6 months (as of 9/27/23) |
*must be listed upon enrollment
|10-week enrollment includes your 10 weekly classes and web materials access for the term of the session. The materials include video movement guides, recorded classes & downloadable tracks, sheet music, lyrics, and other printable resources for the current session.|
|3-WEEK FALL SHORT (Sept. 6-22; schedule)|
|Additional sibling, 6 months and over (as of 9/6/23)||$74|
|Sibling under 6 months (as of 9/6/23) |
*must be listed upon enrollment
|SHORTS enrollment includes your 3 weekly classes, and access during the term of the class to web materials with a streamable list of favorite PLAY tracks, and our collection of recorded classes.|
All PLAY music classes (mixed-age):
- Classes take place in SCM’s very spacious Burkle Hall, which has high ceilings and a 2020 upgraded air filtration system.
- The maximum enrollment for each PLAY music class at SCM is 10 children.
- Infant siblings under 6 months are not included in the enrollment count; however, we ask that you list your child’s infant sibling upon enrollment if you intend to bring them along.
- *Each family will be asked to bring their own instrument bag to every class at SCM. This bag may be assembled from items you have at home or purchased from PLAY upon registration. It should include: 4 egg shakers and 2 scarves (plus additional shakers and a scarf if a sibling is registered). The cost of instrument bags purchased from PLAY is $22+tax, and they will be distributed at the first class. Families will be responsible for cleaning & maintaining their own instruments. Any additional props or instruments that we use in class will be passed out & collected by the teacher as needed, and cleaned after every use.
- All fees and applied class credits are non-refundable. In the event that we have to suspend classes due to COVID-19, families will be offered the option to join a virtual class or to take a non-refundable class credit for the remaining classes.
- Availability for make-up classes for absences is extremely limited, and make-up classes are not guaranteed.
- Please read our facility-related policies carefully before enrolling.
PLAY music classes include songs, chants, musical stories, and small and large movement activities. We use a variety of musical instruments and props, and encourage free exploration. No musical skills are necessary—but if you’re a grown-up, expect to sing, move, dance, and play along. Your children will participate at their own levels and in their own styles, but your engagement in class is vital to their experience. For more detailed information about PLAY music, visit the PLAY music membership page and About PLAY music.
PLAY music (mixed-age) is a parent/caregiver-and-child, music-and-movement program for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers from 6 months through 4 years, and their grown-ups.
If you would like to book a private PLAY music class for your group, at SCM or at your home, please email us.