Registration: PLAY music for 4- & 5-year-olds @ Silverlake Conservatory of Music
We ask you to please read our COVID- and facility-related policies carefully before enrolling. We hope to see you @ SCM soon. 🎶
Spring ’23 PLAY music for 4- & 5-year-olds @ Silverlake Conservatory of Music
|One child, 4-5 years old (as of 3/24/23)||$295|
|Additional sibling, also 4-5 years old (as of 3/24/23)||$250|
- 10-week session enrollment @ SCM includes your 10 weekly classes, access for the term of the class to downloadable tracks, lyrics, and lead sheets for the current session. Dates & times are here.
- In the 4- & 5-year-old class, children work directly with the teacher and as a group. Parents and caregivers drop off their children in the classroom (staying on the premises during class, but away from the classroom). All children must be 4 or 5 years old, potty trained, and already accustomed to separating from their parents/caregivers for school or other activities.
- The Saturday class takes place in SCM’s Burkle Hall, and the Friday class takes place in SCM’s upstairs conference room (which is accessible). Parking will not be available in the SCM lot for the Friday 3:15 class. Recommended parking is on Lyman Pl. or Rodney Dr., north of Hollywood Blvd., where street cleaning ends @3pm. (Please observe all signs when parking in case of changes.)
- The maximum enrollment for 4- & 5-year-old classes at SCM is 8 children.
- *Families are asked to send their children to every class with their own instrument bags. This bag may be assembled from items you have at home or purchased from PLAY upon registration. It should include: 2 egg shakers, 2 scarves, and 2 rhythm sticks. The cost of instrument bags purchased from PLAY is $28+tax, and they will be distributed at the first class. Families are responsible for cleaning & maintaining their own instruments. Any additional props or instruments that we use in class are passed out & collected by the teacher as needed, and cleaned after every use.
- All fees and applied class credits are non-refundable. In the event that we have to suspend classes due to COVID-19, families will be offered the option to join a virtual class or to take a non-refundable class credit for the remaining classes.
- We are unfortunately not able to offer make-up classes for absences at this time.
- Please read our COVID- and facility-related policies carefully before enrolling.
We look forward to working with your kindergarteners and older preschoolers as they gain musical confidence, discover fun, freedom, and expression through singing, movement, and percussion, and learn a little music theory (in age-appropriate ways) to deepen their enjoyment of music or prepare for private instruction.
The curriculum and material for the 4- to 5-year-old class overlaps with what you may know from mixed-age PLAY music. However, in this class children work directly with the teacher and as a group. Parents and caregivers drop off their children in the classroom (staying on or around the premises during class, but generally out of the sight). The class has a greater emphasis on participants gaining skills, as well as confidence in and ownership of various modes of musical expression. Through singing, movement, and percussion, we work on steady beat ability, and pitch and rhythmic awareness. We introduce solfège, and very basic concepts and vocabulary of music theory through characters, pretend play, and games. And we accomplish all of this while maintaining a sense of fun and collaboration! Every class includes opportunities for improvisation and free expression.
If you would like to book a private PLAY music class for your group, at SCM or at your home, please email us.