The cost of the PLAY @ Home Winter ’21 family membership is $185. Classes run for 10 weeks from January 4th – March 15th (skipping Jan. 18th for MLK Day). Your membership includes:
- Your ten weekly, 35- to 45-minute live PLAY music classes via Zoom
- Recorded music classes for unlimited viewing during the term of the session. (As of late November, there are twenty-one of these in the materials, and we will add more during the winter session.)
- PLAY music pink session web materials, including song videos, ideas for at-home play, downloadable tracks, sheet music & lyrics.
- At-home art making resources, including project starters, and a comprehensive list of supplies & tips. (Physical supplies are not included.)
Families with a class credit on file: When you opt-in to the PLAY @ Home membership via the online form, the fee will be deducted from your class credit on file. *All credits are non-refundable once deducted.
Families paying online to join: To join PLAY @ Home, please register and pay via the online form. *All fees are non-refundable.
TO ALL FAMILIES
- Reserving Your Online Class Time: When you join, we will ask you to choose a regular weekly time for your live class. The Zoom desktop app is free, and easy to use. If you miss your live class, there will be opportunities for you to join a different one during the session. Just email us for a link to your make-up class. (Participation in the live classes is not required, and we know that some of you may prefer to focus on the recorded classes and other web materials.)
- Siblings: All families wishing to participate with multiple siblings (pets, stuffed animals, additional adults, etc.) in one household are more than welcome to do so. Our in-person music program is mixed-age, geared for kids from around 6 months through 4 years. In the online format, we have also seen many recent PLAY music alumni who are now school kids. All are welcome.
- For Pods: If you plan to attend regularly with a learning pod, please contact us for pricing options, which include private class times and per-family discounts for small pods joining our existing classes.
- Recorded & live classes: With the exception of a couple of classes that were previously recorded at our space, all live and recorded classes and materials are currently being given/recorded from our homes. (Many of the song videos you will see in your materials were recorded pre-Covid.)
- Recording on Zoom: PLAY will never record your or your child’s image in Zoom without your express permission. We may, however, record the teacher of your class. In such cases, your child’s first name might be heard in the recording if mentioned by the teacher.
- Parent participation is just as (maybe more) important in the online format as it is in our in-person classes. Interacting with a screen is not ideal, but your participation with your child easily outweighs that, and can make your online class a fun, interactive time for your family. Your teacher is just facilitating (which is really always the case).
- At the end of the winter session, we will have been online for a year. We continue to be amazed at how much we can share together in this way, and so grateful to all the families participating–many of them straight through since April. We will continue to rise to the challenges of bringing our community back together, and evolve logistics as we go to give you the best and easiest experience possible. As we all continue to adapt, we will address any issues that come up in a way that honors our longstanding relationships with you.