This year we’ve put our fall pumpkin & gourd decorating tradition from PLAY in a box. We’re excited to offer you the Everything-but-the-Pumpkin Collage Box, a slightly less messy version of what we do in the art room every October to celebrate the season of the cucurbits, and unleash kids’ creativity on pumpkins that will last a while longer than their carved counterparts. A complete list of what’s included is below. *Please note: Families with remaining Spring 2020 class credits (for PLAY music or Messy Mixed Media) are welcome to apply them toward box purchases.
*Pumpkins are not included, and colors of materials vary. One box includes enough materials to decorate at least two medium pumpkins or several minis. Cost of the kit: $25
- One set of Ooly Chunkies Paint Sticks (6 colors)
- One 6 oz. squeeze bottle of white, water-based glue
- a craft stick for spreading glue
- 40 small circle stickers (4 colors)
- 16 eyeball stickers (sized for minis)
- Four 4″ squares of felt (assorted colors)
- Heaping handful of paper shred (2 colors)
- Collage materials come in both 4″ to 6″ rectangles, and in pre-cut, mostly geometric shapes and include:
- corrugated paper
- tissue paper
- heavyweight crepe paper
- painted and unpainted construction paper
This is a process oriented kit. It comes with a few tips about the materials, but without instructions! To allow for your child’s creativity, some of the materials are not pre-cut. Many of these are great for crumpling and tearing. A few (really just the felt & yarn) will require the help of an adult equipped with scissors (not included).
Safety Information: The Everything-But-The-Pumpkin Collage Box is recommended for ages 3-6 with adult supervision & participation, and contains items that may be potential choking hazards.
Covid Precautions: All boxes will be packed and prepped by me (Anne). I will take all precautions to ensure that all of your items are safe to handle.