The information below refers to our in-person music & movement program.
PLAY music is back at our Mid-Wilshire location after almost a year and a half. We are starting small, but we are very excited to have you back. We ask you to please read this page carefully before enrolling. We hope to see you soon. 🎶
Please note we are following the CDC & LA County’s guidelines for indoor activities taking place in a youth environment. We understand that you have choices when it comes to music classes. Your family’s health & safety are of utmost importance to us, and because all of the children we serve are still unvaccinated, we are erring on the side of caution when it comes to masking, capacity limits, and other safety precautions.
Things to know before you sign up:
- We will be conducting temperature and wellness checks at the door. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above, or is showing outward signs of illness, you will not be permitted on the premises.
- Because of the nature of music & movement, all adults will be required to be masked & provide proof of full vaccination.
- All children 2 years and up will be required to be masked, but NOT children under 2 years.
- All participants will need to sign a liability release form for themselves and their attending children. (Caregivers will sign a separate form.) All paperwork must be completed before the class day.
- There will be only ONE parent/caregiver per child allowed in class.
- Your teacher and all staff you interact with at PLAY will be fully vaccinated and masked (with either a clear, fitted mask or cloth mask).
- The class will take place in our main space, which has high ceilings, ceiling fans, air conditioning, and a HEPA air filtration unit to provide better air circulation and more class space. (All retail items recently in that space at child height have been moved out.)
- The room is set up for 6-foot distancing between families, and the curriculum has been adjusted accordingly. The maximum enrollment for each class is 5 families / 6 children.
- We will not be sharing instruments. Each child will be provided with a separate set to use during the class. These will stay at PLAY & be cleaned after each use.
- The cost for the 5-week session is $150 per child (dates & times are here).
- Enrollment includes web materials access (the current, summer PLAY @ Home curriculum).
- All fees and applied class credits are non-refundable, except in the event that we have to cancel one or more classes.
- We are not able to offer make-up classes or sibling rates at this time.
- For those who would like to continue with us online, we are offering another session of PLAY @ Home.
Things to know on your class day:
- Before coming to PLAY for your scheduled class, please do a self wellness check for any signs of illness, including: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other possibly troubling signs. If you observe any of these symptoms in yourself or your child, please stay home. As always, our main goal is for PLAY to be a safe, clean, and healthy environment for children, and we can only achieve this with the help of all of our families.
- We’ll ask you to remove your shoes after you enter the space. Please come prepared with socks.
- Please do not bring any people with you other than the participants you have registered.
- Face coverings are required for everyone 2 years and up, and must fit properly, covering nose and mouth.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- There is NO FOOD allowed in the space at this time. Water bottles are allowed in all rooms.
- All common areas will be disinfected frequently. Hand sanitizer will be supplied in all rooms, and we encourage you to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water as recommended by the CDC before and after participating in activities at PLAY.
- If you test positive for COVID–19 within 2-3 weeks of visiting us, please notify PLAY as soon as possible so we can take appropriate steps to notify anyone who may have been exposed.
- We don’t allow strollers in the space, but we’ll lend you a bike lock if you want to leave it out front, and there is ample space for locking it up.
PLAY music classes include songs, chants, musical stories, and small and large movement activities. We use a variety of musical instruments and props, and encourage free exploration. No musical skills are necessary—but if you’re a grown-up, expect to sing, move, dance, and play along. Your children will participate at their own levels and in their own styles, but your engagement in class is vital to their experience. For more detailed information about PLAY music, visit the PLAY music membership page and About PLAY music.
PLAY music is a mixed-age music and movement program for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, and our current age range is 6 months to 5 years.
Because of the necessary limitations we are working within, visiting PLAY for music at this time will not be appropriate for every child. Children 2 and over will have to be masked during their entire visits. All children will need to stay engaged with and relatively close to their parents & caregivers, and follow your directions in order to maintain distancing.
If your child is willing and able to follow your directions, loves music time with you, and (if 2 or older) is well accustomed to participating in activities while masked, in-person music may be right for you. If your child isn’t comfortable with one or more of these things, please think about waiting until some of these restrictions have been lifted to visit us, or consider trying our online program. We want everyone who visits us for music to have a very positive experience.
If you would like to book a private PLAY music class for your small pod, please email us. The same policies & enrollment limits apply.